Saturday 29 November 2014

Red Monstera - Finished!

I finally got the time to finish 'Red Monstera'. I originally wanted to do straight line quilting over the whole quilt. But once I started I realised that the windows in the quilt would all recede. So I changed tactics and quilted around the window frames so that the red leaves inside would pop out.


I echo quilted around the appliquéd leaves inside the white windows which are surrounded by red leaf frames. I like the way they look like they are floating on water.


 

I quilted square spirals inside the red boxes. 


 

I used the Ricky Timms method for narrow framing in black to break up all the red. I really like how this makes a quilt look

I used more fabric from my stash for the back.  I don't know where I got it! I'm glad that I reached my goal of not buying any fabric to make this quilt.

On the whole, I'm pleased with how this turned out but I am anxious to make a quilt with only straight line quilting.  Maybe the next one!

Thanks for stopping by.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment