Monday 18 August 2014

A new book to relish

I love using my iPad to browse the Internet, and especially to look at the work of sister quilt bloggers and designers, but sometimes only a book will do. I am a voracious reader of all kinds of books, and I love the feel of a book in my hand. Bookshops are also a favourite haunt so on our last day in (a very windy) Brisbane I went to Dymocks.

I spent a very enjoyable time sitting on the floor in the craft section browsing the quilting books, got talking to a man who goes to Dymocks to browse and listen to their in-house music (he reckons it's the best anywhere) and only got stood on once!

I settled on this lovely, fresh, gem and brought it back to the hotel. I'll review it another time, but for the moment, I notice that it doesn't give yardage in metres. This might be a bit nit-picky and, in Australia we do have that anomaly of cutting and piecing in imperial measurements, yet buying fabric in metric measurements. But I think if you're writing a book for the international market you should research what measurements potential readers will use and include metric/imperial conversions.

For now I will relish reading it!





No comments:

Post a Comment